Up to £55,000 + Car, 15% Bonus, Pension + Relocation Assistance – South East / Home Counties
Our client is part of a globally recognised $2.5bn Group in the manufacturer of high variety engineered industrial products, serving niche markets in all major sectors. At the forefront of manufacturing technology and processes, the company designs, develops and manufacturers some of the most innovative and technical products in its field and is committed to achieving total operational excellence.
As a result of continued growth and development, the Company is now seeking to appoint an exceptional Operations Manager / Business Unit Manager conversant with leading major customer focused programmes and projects in ‘Lean’ operational environments.
Reporting to the Site Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership and day to day management of all manufacturing and support functions across a major value stream. Implementing Lean systems and strategies to ensure a safe work environment that maximises profitable growth, the Operations Manager / Business Unit Manager will drive quality improvements to provide a premier customer service and develop and lead a workforce that reduces operating costs; inventories and lead time through continuous improvements.
Job Requirements / Experience
* Bachelors Degree (Engineering / Operations) or requisite work experience / recognised Management or Supervisory Management Qualification.
* Minimum of 5 years manufacturing/engineering experience in a line management or planning role.
* Outstanding leadership, communication and team building skills in producing results by meeting organisational objectives.
* Demonstrable experience of leading change and implementing Lean Manufacturing in mixed volumes / high variety / high customer base environments.
* Ability to establish operational metrics / key indicators for process control, communication and performance improvement.
* Highly motivated with a drive for results. Career focused with ability to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals.
This is an exciting and challenging role, where the Operations Manager / Business Unit Manager can make a real impact on the efficiency of the entire operations and contribute to the overall success of the business. This is a promising career opportunity in a global organisation committed to giving talented achievers room to grow. Relocation benefits are available for this position.
Interested? Please e-mail your application in confidence to our recruitment partner Daniel McDonald at Lean Executives.