Operational Excellence Director, Europe
Executive compensation & benefits package. Flexible base location.
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions we build the future. Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) manufactures, distributes, sells and markets some of the world’s strongest brands in non-alcoholic beverages. We are a part of Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc, the leading Western European marketer, distributor, and producer of bottled and canned liquid non-alcoholic refreshment and the world’s third-largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau vitaminwater®, Monster® and Capri-sun®.
Leading brands, great people, growth and the reward that comes with it: the raw materials for success are right here. But still, success depends on our skilled executive leaders sharing thirst: a thirst for getting more and better from our people and systems, a thirst for pushing limits, and a thirst for the rigour and challenge of a fast moving business.
Do you have a personality with the power to influence and connect? Can you sustain the pace to keep on growing? Will you make an impact with your desire to win?
This exciting appointment is an integral part of CCE’s continued journey towards best in class manufacturing within Supply Chain Operations. The OE Director will lead and develop CCE’s in-house approach to Operational Excellence called Compass and drive its effective implementation across CCE’s production and warehousing operations to deliver sustained excellence in performance and service.
What to expect:
Reporting to the Vice President Supply Chain Operations, the OE Director is accountable for:
- Developing the technical content for the next stage of Compass maturity (i.e. optimising equipment performance, quality, yield and operator training).
- Supporting the Supply Chain Operations team in the development of performance measures which will inform, direct and focus operations leadership towards excellence in service and cost.
- Creating a compelling and quantified vision of the “Plant of the Future” to support the local site directors in developing and leading their own performance improvement initiatives.
- Developing a customised strategy for performance improvement in CCE production and warehousing operations to deliver consistent and rapid adoption of proven best practice.
- Leading the development of the community of operational managers and improvement specialists by personal demonstration of the skills and behaviours required and coaching them to achieve self-sufficiency.
This high profile role involves significant travel reflecting the need for role-modelling multi-site leadership behaviours and own performance across the three clusters in Europe (GB/France and Benelux/Norway/Sweden). Consequently, the role location is flexible and can be home based.
What we expect of you:
Candidates must exhibit the underpinning skills required for successful OE success i.e. exceptional leadership; technical proficiency in lean systems/TPM and strategic understanding; project planning and execution; change management; outstanding communication; high level team working and collaborating with multi-site leadership teams. Financially savvy and valuing and enabling others to succeed, suitable candidates will demonstrate a proven track record of:
- Experience of operations management in FMCG business in a highly-automated process industry environment.
- Substantial and sustainable transformation of operating performance in terms of service and cost.
- From a production or warehousing role, contributing to a well-functioning S&OP process to achieve successful execution of integrated programmes of improvement in service precision, lead-time compression and reduction in total supply chain costs.
- Design and implementation of performance improvement programmes at the level of large sites and ideally across multiple locations. Ideally this will have been achieved in a process industry/FMCG environment in a corporate OE leadership role where you have acquired deep experience of achieving and sustaining excellent standards of performance in a capital-intensive, equipment-dominated setting.
- Providing valued support service to site leaders and their leadership teams enabling them to achieve their business objectives.
- Developing and delivering structured professional development to operational managers and internal improvement specialists to ensure self-sufficiency in continued implementation and sustainability of results.
- Degree calibre, ideally with post graduate qualification and continued professional development in Lean/TPM. French/Dutch language would be attractive.
Interested? Please e-mail your application in confidence to our recruitment partner Daniel McDonald at Lean Executives or call Daniel on +44 (0)1832 280797 for further information.
Closing Date: Monday 6th May 2013
CCE Assessment Day for short-listed candidates: Friday 17th May 2013
We believe that equal opportunities mean inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.
Our client, one of the world’s most iconic brands, is seeking a Lean Office Expert to coordinate the roll-out of Lean process and initiatives across multi-sites at country level, ensuring consistency and alignment. Working closely with corporate and regional operations, you will support the Lean Office strategy to build capability and drive a consistent Lean deployment.
• Highly developed Lean experience and track record of successful Lean implementation to include complex and international Lean Office and Transactional areas
• Successfully designed, developed and implemented Lean capabilities for a company
• Track record of leading and developing cross-functional teams within world class organisations
• Functional leadership skills
• Strong ability to impact and influence
This is an exciting and challenging role, where the Lean Office Expert can make a real impact on the efficiency of the entire operations and contribute to the overall success of the business. This is a promising career opportunity in a truly global organisation committed to giving talented achievers room to grow. French or German Language skills would be an advantage.
Please e-mail your application in confidence to our recruitment partner Daniel McDonald at Lean Executives quoting Ref 1137.
LEAN VALUE STREAM EXPERT
Switzerland Base c. 130,000-170,000 CHF per annum (€105,000-137,000) + 15% Bonus + Benefits and Relocation Package.
Our client, one of the world’s most iconic brands, is seeking to recruit a high level Lean Value Stream Expert to contribute to the design, development and implementation of their Lean Value Stream methodology. Working closely with corporate and regional operations, you will support the Lean Value Stream strategy to build capability and drive a consistent Lean deployment.
• Contribute to the design, development and update of the Lean Value Stream methodology.
• Contribute to the overall design and management of Lean Value Stream within the organisation and its coordination at corporate level.
• Develop Lean Value Stream assessment framework for execution and maturity.
• Contribute and implement Lean Value Steam training, coaching and assessment strategy and framework
• Deliver appropriate training and coaching to transfer Lean Value Stream knowledge to functions at corporate level and regional operations.
• Perform regular Lean Value Stream assessment to ensure the correct application of methods, coaching and knowledge sharing.
• Ensure adherence to Lean Value Stream methodology, provide support, create alignment and review drivers and actions.
Education and experience
• Experienced successful Lean value stream implementation at a regional level in an international and complex environment.
• Successfully led and developed cross-functional teams.
• Management role in previous experience.
• Extensive experience in leading complex change or transformation programs.
• Experience in program management of international projects.
• Experience of working with senior management
This is an exciting and challenging role, where the Lean Value Stream Expert can make a real impact on the efficiency of the entire operations and contribute to the overall success of the business. This is a promising career opportunity in a truly global organisation committed to giving talented achievers room to grow. French or German Language skills would be an advantage.
Please e-mail your application in confidence to our recruitment partner Daniel McDonald at Lean Executives quoting Ref 1138.
Our client is part of a globally recognised group in the manufacturer of high technology products, serving primary markets in aerospace and defence. The Company designs, develops and manufacturers some of the most innovative and technical products in its field and is committed to achieving total operational excellence. As a result of continued growth and development, the Company is now seeking to appoint a Site Director conversant with leading major customer focused programmes and bespoke projects in ‘lean’ environments.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operations, you will be responsible for the performance of the Operations function for the site covering Production, Quality, Health Safety and Environment and general site support activities. Primary objectives include:
•To ensure customers’ delivery and quality requirements are met in full.
•To ensure the financial performance of the site operations in is in line with divisional expectations covering the full cost of sales, inventory management and capital expenditure.
•Fully engage and drive the established Operational Excellence model.
•To contribute to and apply Group policy on ‘make vs. buy’ and ‘where make.’
•Driving intellectual capital initiatives including performance appraisal and succession planning.
•To support best practice sharing across the Group.
•To act as accountable Manager for the Regulatory Authority Airworthiness and Quality Approvals ensuring compliance.
Desired Skills & Experience
Ideally Degree qualified with a combination of progressive experience in either a general management / senior operations leadership position within a world class environment, you will be a recognised as proactive manager capable of leading your team through the rigorous change and ongoing challenges facing your functions and the business overall. Excellent interpersonal ability, enthusiasm and vision complete the requirements for this key role.
This is an exciting and challenging role, where the Site Director can make a real impact on the efficiency of the entire operations and contribute to the overall success of the wider business. This is a promising career opportunity in a global organisation committed to giving talented achievers room to grow.
To apply, please e-mail full details of your career and current salary, quoting reference 1127 to Daniel McDonald at Lean Executives.
Senior TPM Manager / Senior TPM Consultant
Significant base salary + car, bonus, pension, healthcare
Our client is a globally renown provider of business improvement solutions to premium brands. They are dedicated to delivering unparalleled manufacturing best practice through consultancy and training services.
Due to ongoing and exciting growth, our client seeks a highly experienced TPM leader with a proven track record of delivering TPM as a holistic business strategy and achieving quantifiable sustained improvement performance through practical activity. With ‘top end’ experience of working in a variety of industries and at all levels within an organisation (i.e. from senior management strategy and policy deployment to shop floor team engagement) you will understand the importance of people involvement in sustained cultural change that underpins successful TPM programs.
* Strong Leadership and superior practical hands-on application knowledge gained from successfully leading the strategic direction and implementing the TPM framework and methodologies in a manufacturing environment. JIPM experience would be ideal.
* Track record of designing and implementing TPM master plans for process development and sustainability and driving cultural change by coaching, training and mentoring all levels of employees.
* Graduate calibre with relevant qualifications in Production Management/ Engineering.
* Training/ Coaching expertise with credibility to build enduring relationships and confidence to challenge roles and procedures at both shop floor and senior level.
This is an outstanding opportunity offering an excellent salary and benefits package (with car allowance). Extensive development and training is available for the right individual. This is consultancy role and therefore full flexibility for travel is essential.
Interested? Please e-mail your application in confidence to our recruitment partner Daniel McDonald at Lean Executives.
Competitive Base Salary + industry leading bonus + benefits package to attract the very best Lean talent!
Our client is the UK’s leading lean operations improvement specialist. With a growing reputation for supporting blue chip service sector organisations make significant and lasting improvements to their operations and service delivery, we seek ‘top end’ Principal Consultants who are able to deliver projects, transfer skills and manage programmes, and of course the critical client relationships linked to such programmes.
You will have a deep understanding of operations management and Lean, and are already achieving success in your consulting career. You are now looking for an opportunity to rapidly develop your potential in a professional and enriching environment.
We will expect you to have an excellent track record in hands-on line management in a best practice operations environment, where Lean/Kaizen philosophies dominate, either in the service sector or in manufacturing. Your experience must include managing complex improvement initiatives, and your success will have led to rapid career advancement (we will consider exceptional applicants without external consulting experience).
With a good first degree and ideally a relevant higher qualification from a well-respected institution, you will be able to demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills and excellent resource-planning and client management capability, coupled with a results-orientated approach. Exceptional leadership qualities and the ability to motivate multi-disciplinary consulting teams are also essential. Above all you will be personable and display strong emotional intelligence.
In return we can offer a really enjoyable and stretching environment in which to develop your career, with progression based on merit, along with a competitive rewards package.
Please forward your application in confidence to Daniel McDonald at Lean Executives for further information.
Seeking to further improve their operating performance through continued leverage of core Lean and TPM initiatives, Rexam Plc require an enthusiastic engineer with excellent Lean experience to join their world-class Beverage Can division in Milton Keynes. A person with strong kaizen leadership history (particularly in 5S, SMED and autonomous TPM) and superior facilitation and practical hands-on application knowledge gained from implementing the appropriate framework and methodologies with the capability to:
i) Support, develop and apply Lean principles within manufacturing and business processes to achieve heightened savings and leverage the transfer of best practices.
ii) Play an instrumental role in managing change in a factory team of approximately 150.
iii) Work with factory leadership to identify opportunities and recommend solutions to facilitate the implementation of improvements through CI or capital projects.
Desired Skills & Experience
Liaising with Manufacturing and Transactional Management to identify improvement opportunities, the successful candidate will have ‘hands-on’, Lean practitioner skills with a successful track record in the facilitation of cross-functional workshops in key Lean areas of 5S, VSM, SMED and TPM. Ideally degree qualified and six sigma trained, you will have the ability to build influential relationships at all levels and share complex information in a language that is meaningful to all.
Rexam is a global consumer packaging company employing some 19,000 people in 25 countries with an approximate turnover over of £5 billion. They make over 60 billion beverage cans per annum to some of the world’s most famous and successful consumer brands and are leaders in rigid plastic packaging services and solutions. This role will support the company’s ongoing quest to achieve Shingo Prize award status and build a mechanism that embeds Lean Enterprise across the company. Rexam are keen to attract talented individuals with energy, leadership potential and imagination to excel in their challenging international business.
Please forward on your application in confidence to our retained recruitment partner, Lean Executives quoting reference 1129 to Lean Executives.
Lean Deployment Leader (France + 75% travel).
‘Floating role’ across France / Switzerland / Denmark / US / UK.
75-90k EUR (or equivalent) + bonus + Car + Pension + Benefits.
Significant Opportunities for Career Development.
By joining this globally renown group with sales over 2 billion Euros, you will be working with a team engaged in the forefront of manufacturing design and engineering technology. As one of the world’s leading manufacturers, they are driven by operational excellence.
This is an exciting time to join this global organisation who have embarked upon a significant and unique Operating System deployment for the first time. Primarily responsible for the ‘hands-on’ development and deployment of the tools, methods and processes that make up the new production system, you will be working on significant change projects (multi-site across France/Denmark/Switzerland/UK/USA) and accountable for site and functional engagement with establishing the maturity plan from pre-launch to higher stages and levels of achievement.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidates will need in-depth knowledge and experience of leading state of the art continuous improvement processes, systems and practices based on the Toyota Production System, coupled with a level of business acumen that permits you to quickly identify and facilitate opportunities for change that can support the global Operating Systems deployment.
Partnering committed global site leadership teams and providing effective facilitation and implementation of significant changes, you will be degree qualified with a proven record of leadership success in engaging, inspiring and coaching cross functional teams in large World Class manufacturing environments together with a high drive for results delivery. The travel requirement is 75%.
Please forward your application in confidence to Daniel McDonald at Lean Executives quoting reference 1128.
Belfast or Cwmbran. Up to £60,000 + 15% Bonus, benefits + relocation.
Responsibility for driving profitable growth of a prestigious industrial product line.
Crane Co. (www.craneco.com) are a global diversified manufacturer of highly-engineered, industrial products with a significant presence in a number of focused markets. With approximately 11,000 employees working together in five business segments across 25 countries, the Company’s business segments generate net sales of over $2.5bn.
Based within Crane Energy Flow Solutions (Belfast) that manufacturers an exciting range of high performing industrial valves for the Energy sector, the Regional Business Line Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of the product lines regional short and long-term strategy. With significant influence and responsibility for a growing $30m business, key duties include:
· Develop and execute a winning business model for the region (Europe/ME).
· Full analysis and projection of regional market size, growth rates and current market share.
· Develop strategic and operations plan for regional product line.
· Actively monitor and drive the product line pricing, profitability, quality and lead time requirements.
· Participate in Global initiative Reviews.
Reporting to the executive level with interactions with sales & marketing leadership, operations and engineering at sites around the globe, the ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
· Educated to degree level in a technical/business related subject.
· 5-7 years experience in product management for a technical product.
· Experience of different sales strategies and product life cycle management.
· Exceptional marketing and analytical skills. Team oriented with ability to operate across the business and in different environments and cultures.
· Highly motivated with sound planning, presentation, negotiation and advanced interpersonal skills
· Planning experience would be useful together with any direct industry experience in Valves/Pumps/Compressors in the oil & gas/water pipeline/refinery/power/chemical arena.
This is an exciting and challenging role, where the Regional Business Line Manager can make a real impact and contribute to the overall success of this high performing business. This is a promising career opportunity in a global organisation committed to giving talented achievers room to grow. Travel expectation is typically 30%.
Please apply by emailing your CV with a covering letter and including your current salary to our retained consultant, Daniel McDonald, quoting 1130 to Lean Executives.
CRANE Energy Flow Solutions® manufactures and sells a variety of valves for commercial and industrial process pipelines including: gate, globe, swing check, wafer check, nozzle check, resilient-seated butterfly valves, high performance and triple offset butterfly valves, metal seated ball valves and metal seated plug valves. Focused on the Energy sector including Power Generation, Petroleum Refining, Oil & Gas, and Commercial Construction, Crane’s portfolio of familiar brand names and highly engineered product solutions are widely specified and used throughout the world.